All papers listed here are submitted or accepted to refereed publications available by searching the Astronomy database of the SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS), with the exception of those listed under the heading "Not yet available in ADS". The papers listed include those that present scientific results which have made use of data obtained with SOFIA and (denoted by an asterisk, with independent numbering) all the other papers, including those about the observatory and the instruments.
SOFIA Paper Preprints
List created : 2021-11-29
Science preprints: 20, Observatory preprints: (*) 2
20. "HI-H2 transition: exploring the role of the magnetic field"
Skalidis, R., et al., 2021-10-00, ADS
19. "Spatial variation in temperature and density in the IC 63 PDR from H2 Spectroscopy"
Soam, Archana, et al., 2021-10-00, ADS
18. "Probing gas kinematics and PDR structure around O-type stars in Sh 2-305 HII region"
Bhadari, N. K., et al., 2021-09-00, ADS
17. "Studying magnetic fields and dust in M17 using polarized thermal dust emission observed by SOFIA/HAWC+"
Hoang, Thuong Duc, et al., 2021-08-00, ADS
16. "M17 MIR: A massive protostar with multiple accretion Outbursts"
Chen, Zhiwei, et al., 2021-08-00, ADS
15. "The 2019 outburst of the 2005 classical nova V1047 Cen: a record breaking dwarf nova outburst or a new phenomenon?"
Aydi, E., et al., 2021-08-00, ADS
14. "Watching massive stars grow with SOFIA"
Stecklum, Bringfried, et al., 2021-07-00, ADS
13. "Extragalactic magnetism with SOFIA (Legacy Program) -- II: A magnetically-driven flow in the starburst ring of NGC 1097"
Lopez-Rodriguez, Enrique, et al., 2021-07-00, ADS
12. "The Mid-IR SOFIA FORCAST Spectrum of Nova V1405 Cassiopeia"
Gehrz, R. D., et al., 2021-07-00, ADS
11. "SOFIA observations of 30 Doradus: I -- Far-Infrared dust polarization and implications for grain alignment and disruption by radiative torques"
Tram, Le Ngoc, et al., 2021-05-00, ADS
10. "Multi-scale Magnetic Fields in the Central Molecular Zone"
Hu, Yue, et al., 2021-05-00, ADS
Science Preprints not yet available in ADS
9. "Mapping the magnetic field in the Taurus/B211 filamentary cloud with SOFIA HAWC and comparing with simulation"
Li, P., 2021-99, astro-ph
8. "SOFIA/FORCAST Monitoring of the Dust Emission from R Aqr: Start of the Eclipse"
Sankrit, R., 2021-99,
7. "The Rate, Amplitude and Duration of Outbursts from Class 0 Protostars in Orion"
Zakri, W., 2021-99,
6. "SOFIA upGREAT/FIFI-LS Emission-line Observations of Betelgeuse during the Great Dimming of 2019/2020"
Harper, G, 2021-11-17,
5. "SOFIA Observations of Variability in Jupiter?s Para-H2 Distribution and Sub-Surface Emission Characteristics of the Galilean Satellites"
de Pater, I, 2021-12-01,
4. "SOFIA observations of far-IR fine-structure lines in galaxies to measure metallicity"
Spinoglio, L, 2022-99, astro-ph
3. "Detection of the S(1) Rotational Line of H2 toward IRC 10216: An Accurate Measurement of Mass-Loss Rate and CO Abundance"
Fonfria, J, 2022-99,
2. "Atomic Shocks in the Outflow of L1551 IRS 5 Identified with SOFIA-upGREAT Observations of [OI]"
Yang, Yao-Lun, 2021-99,
1. "SOFIA Far-infrared [O III] and [O I] Observations of Dense CO-knots in the Supernova Remnant Cassiopeia A: Multi-phase Ejecta"
Rho, J, 2021-99, astro-ph
*2. "The Role of Terahertz and Far-IR Spectroscopy in Understanding the Formation and Evolution of Interstellar Prebiotic Molecules"
Mifsud, Duncan V., 2021-08-00, ADS
Technical Preprints not yet available in ADS
*1. "4GREAT -- a four-color receiver for high-resolution airborne terahertz spectroscopy"
Duran,C, 2021-99, astro-ph