- SOFIA Overview
- Proposing & Observing
- Meetings and Events
SOFIA Paper Preprints
All papers listed here are submitted or accepted to refereed publications available by searching the Astronomy database of the SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS), with the exception of those listed under the heading "Not yet available in ADS". The papers listed include those that present scientific results which have made use of data obtained with SOFIA and (denoted by an asterisk, with independent numbering) all the other papers, including those about the observatory and the instruments.
List created : 2021-8-27
Science preprints: 21, Observatory preprints: (*) 3
21. "The Infrared Evolution of Dust in V838 Monocerotis"
Woodward, C. E., et al., 2021-08-00, ADS
20. "Globules and pillars in Cygnus X III. Herschel and upGREAT/SOFIA far-infrared spectroscopy of the globule IRAS 20319+3958 inCygnus X"
Schneider, N., et al., 2021-08-00, ADS
19. "Studying magnetic fields and dust in M17 using polarized thermal dust emission observed by SOFIA/HAWC+"
Hoang, Thuong Duc, et al., 2021-08-00, ADS
18. "The 2019 outburst of the 2005 classical nova V1047 Cen: a record breaking dwarf nova outburst or a new phenomenon?"
Aydi, E., et al., 2021-08-00, ADS
17. "Watching massive stars grow with SOFIA"
Stecklum, Bringfried, et al., 2021-07-00, ADS
16. "FORCAST imaging of two small nearby Clusters: The Coronet and B59"
Sandell, G., et al., 2021-07-00, ADS
15. "Extragalactic magnetism with SOFIA (Legacy Program) -- II: The bimodal magnetic field in the starburst ring of NGC 1097"
Lopez-Rodriguez, Enrique, et al., 2021-07-00, ADS
14. "SOFIA-upGREAT imaging spectroscopy of the [C II] 158um fine structure line of the Sgr B region in the Galactic center"
Harris, A. I., et al., 2021-07-00, ADS
13. "The Mid-IR SOFIA FORCAST Spectrum of Nova V1405 Cassiopeia"
Gehrz, R. D., et al., 2021-07-00, ADS
12. "The chemistry of chlorine-bearing species in the diffuse interstellar medium, and new SOFIA/GREAT observations of HCl+"
Neufeld, David A., et al., 2021-06-00, ADS
11. "HAWC+/SOFIA Polarimetry in L1688: Relative Orientation of Magnetic Field and Elongated Cloud Structure"
Lee, Dennis, et al., 2021-06-00, ADS
10. "Tracing PAH Size in Prominent Nearby Mid-Infrared Environments"
Knight, C., et al., 2021-06-00, ADS
9. "V838 Monocerotis as seen by ALMA: a remnant of a binary merger in a triple system"
Kamiński, Tomek, et al., 2021-06-00, ADS
8. "SOFIA observations of 30 Doradus: I -- Far-Infrared dust polarization and implications for grain alignment and disruption by radiative torques"
Tram, Le Ngoc, et al., 2021-05-00, ADS
7. "Chemical complexity of phosphorous bearing species in various regions of the Interstellar medium"
Sil, Milan, et al., 2021-05-00, ADS
6. "Local Analogs to High-Redshift Galaxies: I. Characterization of Dust Emission and Star Formation History"
Motiño Flores, Skarleth M, et al., 2021-05-00, ADS
5. "Multi-scale Magnetic Fields in the Central Molecular Zone"
Hu, Yue, et al., 2021-05-00, ADS
4. "Extragalactic Magnetism with SOFIA (Legacy Program) -- I: The magnetic field in the multi-phase interstellar medium of M51"
Borlaff, Alejandro S., et al., 2021-05-00, ADS
Science Preprints not yet available in ADS
3. "Atomic Shocks in the Outflow of L1551 IRS 5 Identified with SOFIA-upGREAT Observations of [OI]"
Yang, Yao-Lun, 2021-99,
2. "Mapping the magnetic field in the Taurus/B211 filamentary cloud with SOFIA HAWC and comparing with simulation"
Li, P. K., 2021-99,
1. "SOFIA Far-infrared [O III] and [O I] Observations of Dense CO-knots in the Supernova Remnant Cassiopeia A: Multi-phase Ejecta"
Rho, J, 2021-99, astro-ph
*3. "Polarised emission from aligned dust grains in nearby galaxies: predictions from the Auriga simulations"
Vandenbroucke, Bert, 2021-07-00, ADS
*2. "The Role of Terahertz and Far-IR Spectroscopy in Understanding the Formation and Evolution of Interstellar Prebiotic Molecules"
Mifsud, Duncan V., 2021-08-00, ADS
Technical Preprints not yet available in ADS
*1. "4GREAT -- a four-color receiver for high-resolution airborne terahertz spectroscopy"
Duran,C, 2021-99, astro-ph